MIDMAC has a long standing tradition of community involvement within Qatar through the active sponsorship of a variety of programs:
- Cultural & sporting events
- Educational initiatives
- Vocational training
- Social welfare
- Social awareness campaigns initiated by our government
We constantly welcome any opportunity to make a positive contribution to society at large, a few of which are:
- Blood donation campaigns: we support and encourage blood donation among our employees.
- Computer training: our “Better Connections Program” raises ICT awareness and provides useful skills to migrant workers who have no prior knowledge of ICT. This program affords them easy access to computer training and internet at various MIDMAC compounds. This ease of access has encouraged many workers to acquire English language skills, helping them improve their communications skills and their careers. This program is implemented in association with the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs.
- Post hospitalisation rehabilitation: our Welfare and Medical Department oversees the process of repatriation of workers with due care given to how this affects their family members, and supporting them in difficult circumstances.
- Cultural events for workers: MIDMAC facilitates its workers participation in events organised by the Ministry of Tourism, where they would have to chance to enjoy various cultural activities and shows on offer.
- The Ministry of Interior Traffic Department yearly Awareness campaigns are very important to spread knowledge and awareness of up-to-date rules, regulations and risks involved in traffic, to the public and most importantly to the new generation. MIDMAC has been a great support to the Traffic Department in this respect as demonstrated by the certificates issued by the Traffic Department praising MIDMAC for its assistance and participation.